Keep Wales Tidy coordinates the Blue Flag Awards in Wales and works extensively with our partners to ensure a clean, green and high quality coastline and seaside.

It has been estimated that around 80% of marine debris is from land-based sources and the remaining 20% is from ocean based sources and the U.N. estimates that over 5 million pieces of plastic enter the oceans each day from land. In order to address marine litter, it is crucial to look at our litter and waste behaviours and to understand the pathways of litter into our aquatic environments.

In this policy action paper, we consider the impact and the potential solutions for tackling land based sources of marine litter.

Marine litter policy action paper

Marine litter - Academic Research Review

Litter management in Wales

Marine Litter in Wales Research Summary

Sbwriel morol